Samstag, 8. August 2020

Traumtagebuch - On the run from mobsters

 

The dream starts out in the village I lived in as a kid. We're near the bus stop on our way home from school, only I'm my current age. My brother is walking hurriedly in front of me with a childhood friend of his whom I recognize even though we haven't seen him in 20 years; he always had a very deep voice and he still does.

I hear them talking about how this friend, N., acquired an object that some crime syndicate is after. He doesn't want them to have it but he's also afraid for his life. So to protect him, my brother captures him in a pokéball.


I promise this is a very serious dream.


We split up to confuse anyone who might be following us. I take the pokéball away from the houses to the small forest we used to play in as kids (forest is a strong word, it's really small, but it has these three big walnut trees and a number of smaller trees and shrubbery that you can reasonably hide in if you know your way around. And I do. Unfortunately, one of the trees now harbors a bee hive, but they're friendly so that's fine, but no climbing. I hide away in the bushes and wait for dawn when I release our friend with the dangerous goods.


He's angry for being stuck in a pokéball for hours and doesn't seem to like the idea of hiding anyway. He leaves me with the item in question (a box the size of a soccer ball) and runs off. Great. I wait a little longer before I leave my hiding place because there's people around, but they seem to just be folks from the village. I take a car to get away (I honestly don't know it it's mine, whoops) and drive to the city where I park the car (it's an old one I've never owned in real life so maybe dream me did steal it) in an underground garage and go upstairs to meet a few of my friends who can hopefully help me.


They can't. Everybody is at a loss at what to do. I know the mob is on my case and will most likely show up here eventually. Someone notices them from the window as they're breaking into the front door so I run back down to the garage to get the hell out of here. But not right away. I open the box, that I had left in the car, and take out what's inside, some kind of machinery that I can't identify, and leave it with a heap of old household applianaces and brooms and whatnot, you know, the kind of shit you'd expect to accumulate in an old garage over time. The place is full of it and I'm sure one odd gadget won't catch anyone's attention.


I get back in the car just as the bad guys storm in from upstairs. I throw myself into that old car and try to get out of the garage but there're tons of small gates that I need to pass and the bad guys someone got control of the electronics. I slam through the gates at full speed anyway but I have to take a few underground detours (who knew these garages were like a network under the city?). I end up in the basement of some kind of mall or bank and total the car in the process.


Mysteriously unharmed for some reason I get out and run upstairs. I look over my shoulder and see that the two mobsters who'd been following me are now in police uniforms. And they brought back-up. I'm out of options, out of available exits and outrageously outnumbered. I stop at the desk of a confused info point employee and while I lean over with my hands behind my back, ready to be handcuffed, I politely ask him to send my backpack after me to the police station, in case the officers forget it. It has my cellphone and stuff in it, I don't want to loose it (priorities).


I am arrested and sent to prison. Wow, that was quick. My dream doesn't tell me why: is it because of the stolen (?) car, because of the property damage in the garage, or did the mob fabricate some other crime? Anyway, for the time being no one asks me about the goods the bad guys were after but I'm sure that'll come later.


For now, some nice fellow prisoner shows me around the prison: the 'better' kitchen where prisoners prepare food for the staff; the second kitchen where less opulent meals are prepared for prisoners and the dining hall. Everyone is really nice, communicating without saying it out loud that the enemy is not on this side of the bars.


I am in the process of waking up and the dream falls apart. There is music and fighting but I'll never know how it all ended.


It all felt very dark and serious and dangerous, but not in a scary way, just exciting. Dream me was unhappy about unfolding events but felt very rational about things. I'm a bit mad to be left with this cliffhanger!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen